Recipe: Perfect Olive oil and vinegar chicken salad pitas
Olive oil and vinegar chicken salad pitas. Vinegar Olive Oil Recipes on Yummly Make chicken salad Mediterranean wtih the addition of Greek yogurt, green olives, and chickpeas, and serve in pita bread halves. Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr.
In a small bowl, combine olive oil, white wine vinegar, dried basil, and salt and pepper to make When I think of "chicken salad sandwiches" my first reaction isn't so positive. Honestly, I am not a But then I remembered a fabulous salad sandwich that I ate years ago. Served in a warm, soft pita. You can have Olive oil and vinegar chicken salad pitas using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Olive oil and vinegar chicken salad pitas
- It's 2 of Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breasts.
- Prepare 1 of Marinated Roasted Red Pepper.
- It's 1 of Roma Tomato.
- Prepare 1/2 of English Cucumber.
- It's 1 of Avocado.
- It's 1/4 of Jalapeño Pepper.
- You need 1 of Dill Pickle.
- Prepare of Baby Spinach.
- You need 1 of Whole Wheat Pita Pocket.
- You need 1/2 of Lime.
- It's pinch of Dried Basil.
- Prepare pinch of Sea Salt.
- You need pinch of Coarse Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Balsamic Vinegar.
- It's of olive oil, extra virgin.
The chicken salad pictured here is made with a simple dressing of olive oil and vinegar — no fish sauce, no lime juice — but it very much resembles what I love about a Vietnamese chicken salad: big, plump pieces of chicken, lots of herbs, a nice bite in the dressing. If you can get your hands on Thai. Ingredients: Olive oil cooking spray, chicken breast, salt, pepper, silken soft tofu, lemons, extra_virgin olive oil, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar Grilled Chicken and Wheat-Berry Salad. Boost your intake of whole grains by digging into this hearty salad.
Olive oil and vinegar chicken salad pitas instructions
- Boil Chicken.
- Chop up roasted red peppers and a tomato, mix together in a bowl. Add a pinch each of basil, salt and pepper. Mix together..
- When chicken is boiled, allow to cool and then shred it into the mixture of tomato and roasted red pepper. Add extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of lime, and a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar. Mix well..
- Cut a pita pocket in half. Fill with baby spinach, cucumbers, pickles, avocado and jalapeño peppers. Spoon in the chicken salad mixture. Make sure to put toppings in first before the mixture to help prevent the pita from falling apart..
- Serve and enjoy.
You'll get plenty of fiber, plus vitamins A and C. Chicken turns this Greek-inspired salad into a substantial main course. Feel free to substitute other I actually grilled chicken for the salad and loved it! I also toasted some whole-wheat pita bread with Good quality Kalamata olives whole not chopped. Top quality olive oil and balsamic or wine vinegar.