Easiest Way to Make Tasty Fajita Lime Chicken Salad
Fajita Lime Chicken Salad.
You can have Fajita Lime Chicken Salad using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fajita Lime Chicken Salad
- You need of Salad.
- You need 1 of Newman's own light lime dressing (sub any lime dressing, but this one is really good).
- It's 1 of celery heart (smallest, light green/yellow middle of a celery), sliced do not remove leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro leaves.
- Prepare 1 bunch of red leaf lettuce, cut or torn into bite size salad bits.
- You need 1 bunch of green leaf lettuce, cut or torn into bite size salad bits.
- You need of Fajita topping.
- It's 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 large of yellow sweet onion, cut into strips.
- You need 1 of anaheim or poblano pepper, cut into strips..
- Prepare 3 of assorted bell peppers (red, green and yellow for example), cut into strips.
- Prepare of Chicken marinade.
- Prepare 1 of Serrano or Jalapeno pepper, minced.
- It's 2 of chicken breasts, cut into thin strips.
- It's 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Fajita Lime Chicken Salad instructions
- Combine everything in Chicken Marinade section in a plastics zip lock bag or bowl and mix thoroughly. Add more oil if needed. Let sit for at least an hour, the longer it sits the more seasonings the chicken will absorb..
- Combine everything in the Salad section in a large bowl and toss so it is thoroughly mixed together..
- Cut up peppers and onions, set aside..
- Put a small amount of oil in a skillet and warm to medium high. Add chicken letting as much seasoning and oil get into the skillet as possible. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside..
- Add onions to skillet and cook until clear and caramelized..
- Add peppers to skillet and cook until soft. Turn the skillet let heat to high and mix chicken in with peppers. Stir every few seconds to blacken bits and pieces of the mixture..
- When little blacked bits of meat and veggies are visible over about 30% of the mixture remove from heat and place over the bed of lettuce..
- Add lime salad dressing to taste. Optional, add avocado or guacamole..