How to Make Tasty Southern-Spiced Chicken with Potato Salad & Maple Green Beans
Southern-Spiced Chicken with Potato Salad & Maple Green Beans. Best Potatoes for Southern Potato Salad. I am sure that you have seen many types of this favorite salad. It's a great potluck dish anytime too.
I cut any large ones in half so that She believes that it allowed the spices to work into a somewhat bland canvas like a potato, before. How to make Cajun chicken and southern style potato salad! Help whatsfordinnertonite create fresh new content - Click on the blue "SUPPORT" button on the. You can cook Southern-Spiced Chicken with Potato Salad & Maple Green Beans using 14 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern-Spiced Chicken with Potato Salad & Maple Green Beans
- You need 2 of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts.
- It's 3/4 lb. of Golden Potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 oz. of Sweet Piquante Peppers.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of Spicy Maple Syrup.
- It's 6 oz. of Green Beans.
- You need 2 cloves of Garlic.
- It's 1 tbsp of Creamy Mustard Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Southern Spice Blend.
- Prepare of Southern Spice Blend.
- It's of Onion Powder.
- You need of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Ground Yellow Mustard.
- It's of Smoked Paprika.
- It's of Cayenne Pepper.
A basic and traditional southern potato salad - simply potatoes, onion, celery, eggs, just a bit of mustard, some pickle and mayonnaise. Now I know some folks in the south like to use Miracle Whip salad dressing in their potato salad - but that is one condiment that never graced the doors of our. Southern-style pototo salad recipe made the traditional way with lots of boiled eggs! Boil just until the potatoes are tender to the bite but still holds its shape.
Southern-Spiced Chicken with Potato Salad & Maple Green Beans instructions
- Fill a medium pot with salted water; cover and heat to boiling on high..
- Wash and dry the fresh produce..
- Medium dice the potatoes..
- Roughly chop the peppers..
- Peel and roughly chop 2 cloves of garlic..
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels; season on both sides with salt, pepper, and up to half the spice blend..
- In a medium pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot..
- Add the seasoned chicken. Cook 6 to 7 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through..
- Leaving any browned bits (or fond) in the pan, transfer to a cutting board. Cover with foil to keep warm..
- While the chicken cooks, add the diced potatoes to the pot of boiling water. Cook 15 to 17 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork..
- Turn off the heat. Drain thoroughly and return to the pot..
- Add the creamy mustard sauce, chopped peppers, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and a pinch of the remaining spice blend (you will have extra). Season with salt and pepper; stir to combine..
- To the pan of reserved fond, add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil; heat on medium-high until hot..
- Add the green beans; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the chopped garlic; cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until slightly softened..
- Add half the spicy maple syrup (carefully, as the liquid may splatter) and 1 tablespoon of water; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 to 2 minutes, or until the green beans are lightly browned and the liquid has cooked off. Turn off the heat..
- Slice the cooked chicken crosswise..
- Serve the sliced chicken with the cooked green beans and potato salad. Drizzle the chicken with the remaining spicy maple syrup..
This won't require much time at all. (keep a close eye on them, checking often, because you don't want. This Southern chicken salad is made with chicken, hard boiled egg, dill relish, and mayonnaise. This is one of our top-rated chicken salad recipes. This chicken salad is wonderful in lettuce-lined buns. It's also delicious in plain loaf bread, croissants, or freshly baked biscuits.