Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce
Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce. Pan-fried chicken simmers in a creamy Marsala sauce in this quick recipe. Pan-fried chicken simmers in a creamy Marsala sauce in this quick recipe. Move chicken back on stove top and flip over, cook until the other side browns then remove from pan.
Whisk in the mustard, add the beef broth, let cook for a minute or so. The creamy sauce is full of flavor and mushrooms and will be one of the best things that you make! This recipe could not be easier to make! You can have Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce
- It's 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, each breast cut crosswise into 3 pieces.
- You need of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of butter, divided.
- It's 3/4 cup of chopped onion.
- It's 1 pound of cremini mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- It's 1 cup of dry Marsala wine.
- It's 1 cup (8 ounces) of mascarpone cheese (I used quality cream cheese).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves, plus whole sprigs, for garnish.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard (possibly more, but taste it when it's ready).
- You need 12 ounces of dried fettuccine (I used Egg Noodles).
Stir in the mascarpone and Dijon mustard and heat until melted. Return the chicken to the pan and simmer over medium-low heat until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thick. Add the drained pasta and enough pasta water to make a creamy sauce. Chicken Marsala is a classic dish that's creamy, quick, and irresistible.
Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce step by step
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook just until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cool slightly..
- Wile the chicken cools, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet over medium high heat then add the onion and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute until the mushrooms are tender about 12 minute..
- Add the wine and simmer until it is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the Mascarpone (or cream cheese) and mustard. Cut the chicken breasts crosswise into 1/3 inch thick slices..
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Simmer uncovered, over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chopped parsley. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain. Toss the fettuccine with 3 tablespoons of butter and season, to taste, with salt and pepper..
- Add the fettuccine onto serving plates. Spoon the chicken mixture over top. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.
The creamy sauce made of mushrooms, Marsala wine, and heavy cream is straight up drinkable and we love serving it over a big pile of spaghetti or angel hair. Chicken with Creole Mustard Cream Sauce- boneless chicken breasts are cooked in a skillet and covered in a creole mustard sauce that has a lot of zip. The sauce is a mixture of chicken broth, heavy cream, creole mustard, honey, and thyme. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.