How to Make Tasty Waldorf Chicken Salad
Waldorf Chicken Salad. In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the chicken, apples, grapes and celery. Leftover cooked chicken makes this chicken Waldorf salad, loaded with apples, grapes, celery and walnuts, a snap to assemble.
Chicken Waldorf Salad is tender chunks of chicken mixed with celery, grapes, apples, toasted walnuts and mayonnaise. This delectable recipe is one of our favorite chicken salad recipes. Chicken Waldorf Salad is a classic salad made with apples, grapes, pecans and celery in a light Chicken Waldorf Salad. You can cook Waldorf Chicken Salad using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Waldorf Chicken Salad
- Prepare 1 of stock celery.
- You need 2 of stock Green onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red or green grapes.
- It's 1/2 cup of finely diced apple.
- It's 2 large of chicken breasts.
- It's 1/4 cup of slivered almonds.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon pepper seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dill.
- It's 1 of salt and pepper.
It's the perfect combination of flavors and textures and great to make ahead. A version of popular Waldorf salad made with chicken breasts, roasted walnuts, apple, dried cranberries, and grapes is served in a light mayonnaise and yogurt dressing. I first heard of Chicken Waldorf Salad as a teen. Tea parties were in vogue in our homeschool circle, so we were always on the lookout for new tea-ish recipes to try.
Waldorf Chicken Salad step by step
- shred or cube cooked chicken breasts (I prefer shredded).
- finely chop all fruit and vegetables and add to chicken.
- lightly toast almonds in a dry pan on medium heat until golden. Add to mixture..
- Add and stir in remaining ingredients. Refridgerate at least one hour. I like to eat it on toasted bread with lots of lettuce..
Chicken Waldorf Salad is a classic cold salad made with tender chunks of chicken, apples, grapes, nuts, and celery in a creamy dressing. It is savory and sweet while being a great combination of. When apple season hits, make this chicken Waldorf salad your go-to lunch, or leave a batch of this in your fridge so You may think of a Waldorf salad as a retro dish created in a fancy hotel, but it's a. This Sweet and Savory Salad will be the perfect addition to your Holiday Table or a great dish to bring to your. Top with lettuce if desired and remaining bread.