Recipe: Delicious Mom's chicken salad
Mom's chicken salad. Savory chicken salad gets a sweet kick from a generous dose of pickle relish in this Southern recipe. It was the brainchild of the founder of The timeless classic chicken salad recipe was a staple from that decade and the Ladies Who Lunched. This recipe my mom found years ago.
Put together chicken, celery, grapes, pecans, olives and lemon juice. Mom's Chicken Salad Recipe. by CookEatShare Cookbook. Mom's Chicken. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can have Mom's chicken salad using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mom's chicken salad
- Prepare 6 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped bread and butter pickles.
- You need 1 of chopped small onion.
- It's 4 of chopped celery ribs.
- Prepare 2 cups of kraft mayo.
- It's 1 cup of miracle whip.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
Light and delicious, this easy chicken salad recipe is one of my favorite ways to keep lunch simple. It's sweet with a bit of tang, and the apples and nuts give it just the right amount of crunch. This healthy chicken salad recipe combines chicken, apple, grapes, celery, walnuts The only chicken salad I've ever tasted that I liked more was the family recipe that my friend Whitney makes. Chicken Salad is like a box of chocolates.
Mom's chicken salad step by step
- Boil the chicken until done.. cool completely and clean all fat etc off.. chop and shred.
- Mix all ingredients together and chill..
- If it soaks up the mayo alot.. which breasts tend to do. Add more mayo and miracle whip.. I like mine a bit dry...
- This recipe makes a good bit.. great for celebrations and parties...
- I serve with fresh crusty rolls or bread. it is also great with a variety of crackers..
- Side note.. if the breasts are small use 8 instead of 6.. fyi. I used 8 and an entire jar of mayo and 2 cups of miracle whip...
You never know what you're gonna git. Everyone likes chicken salad different ways: ground up and fine, large and chunky, chock full of onions, nuts. While there, I helped my mom whip up some chicken salad for lunch. We used canned chicken because it was quick and convenient. A vacation is suppose to be a vacation, we didn't want to spend.