Recipe: Appetizing Shishtawook chicken salad
Shishtawook chicken salad. Reviews for: Photos of Shish Tawook Grilled Chicken. Shish Tawook Marinated Chicken. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Try this Authentic Shish Tawook recipe - a popular Lebanese grilled chicken skewers recipe.
Shish Tawookcan be one of the tastiest chicken Kabobs around. The name points to its Turkish origins (Tavuk şiş) however it is quite a common. Shish Tawook (or Shish Taouk) is a traditional Middle Eastern marinated chicken dish. You can cook Shishtawook chicken salad using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shishtawook chicken salad
- You need 1 of boneless chicken breast, washed and cut to bite size pieces.
- It's Half of a ripe pawpaw.
- You need 1 bunch of salad greens.
- Prepare of Some olives (optional).
- You need 1 handful of peanuts.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of crumbled cheese of any variety (optional).
- It's Half of an onion sliced thin.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of oil to grill the chicken and pawpaw.
- It's of For the marinade.
- Prepare 4-5 tbsp of plain yoghurt.
- It's 1 tbsp of garlic paste.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It's 1 tsp of thyme(can use coriander powder).
- It's 1-2 tsp of red paprika (or black pepper).
- It's 4-5 tbsp of lemon juice (1 lemon).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of For Pear balsamic vinaigrette.
- It's 1 of ripe pear, peeled,cored and chopped (substitute an apple).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar( or any dark vinegar-1 tbsp,if synthetic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
These grilled chicken skewers are incredibly popular in Lebanon, but they are also commonly found in Turkey, Egypt, Syria, Iraq, and Israel as well. Shish Tawook is a popular Middle Eastern grilled chicken recipe. Chunks of tender & juicy chicken marinated in yogurt, garlic, olive oil, and spices and served Shish tawook (also spelled tawouk and taouk) is a widely popular chicken dish in the Middle Eastern countries. Shish Tawook, a traditional Lebanese dish, becomes juicy and tender from a simple marinade of fresh lemon juice and garlic.
Shishtawook chicken salad instructions
- Marinate the chicken with all the spices, yogurt and tomato paste for minimum 30 minutes. For best results, marinate overnight..
- Wash and dry the salad greens, toss in onions, olives, cheese if using, peanuts and sprinkle some salt and pepper. Keep aside..
- Blend the pear or apple with vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and lemon until smooth. Add some water if you prefer a thinner dressing..
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat a tbsp oil and grill the pawpaw for about a minute, regularly tossing it. Use the same pan to grill the chicken on skewers until done and having reddish brown char marks. You can directly grill without skewers too..
- To serve, toss in the greens, followed by the pawpaw and the chicken skewers. Drizzle the vinaigrette. Relish immediately. Enjoy !!.
Chicken Tawook, a native dish of Lebanon and Syria, is marinated chicken cubes that are typically grilled on skewers. Ya habibi chef, simple interesting authentic way of cooking. Wewhat we do that's why "You can't live a full life on an empty stomach"cook with us. Shish Tawook is a Lebanese chicken dish that's simple yet so delicious. Tender chicken marinated in yogurt, lemon and garlic makes it a Shish means skewers and tawook (tavuk) means chicken.