Recipe: Perfect Chipotle Chicken Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
Chipotle Chicken Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette. This Chipotle Chicken Salad will have you actually craving salad! It's bursting with tender, juicy fiestalicious chicken, crunchy veggies, salty sunflower seeds and crispy tortilla strips all sprinkled with buttery Monterrey Jack Cheese and doused in sweet, tangy and refreshing Honey Lime Mango. I love Chipotle's chipotle honey vinaigrette so I came up with this copycat version by fiddling around with How To Make Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette.
A simple roasted chipotle chicken salad topped with sweet potatoes and the most addicting Jalapeño Vinaigrette, along with an easy guacamole. Serve this salad with a side of chips for scooping and you'll have the perfect, healthy Mexican salad that's both delicious and fun! This juicy salad tastes like summer! You can have Chipotle Chicken Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chipotle Chicken Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- You need 2 Tbsp of lime juice (about 1 lime).
- It's 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chipotle powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of mayonnaise.
- You need 3 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of chicken boobs.
- It's 1 head of romaine, chopped.
- It's 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion, diced.
- You need 1 of avocado, diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of thawed corn.
- It's 2 Tbsp of cilantro, minced.
With chipotle chicken, sweet corn, avocado, cilantro vinaigrette, bacon crumbles, and fresh strawberries for a pop of sweetness. This honey, lime and chipoltle vinaigrette is a perfect light dressing that you can use to add stupendous flavor to your green salad. This dressing would be great to marinate a bean salad or even just drizzled over a wedge of iceberg lettuce. If you like your dressing more on the creamy side.
Chipotle Chicken Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette instructions
- Combine the lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, honey, and olive oil in a small mason jar or bowl. Whisk/shake the vinaigrette..
- Pour ~2 Tbsp of the vinaigrette into a qt zip lock. Add the chipotle, cumin, and oregano to the zip lock and mix..
- To the remaining dressing, add the mayo and mix again. The mayonaise helps stabilize the dressing. Taste for salt..
- Butterfly the chicken boobs..
- Put the chicken in the zip lock and smoosh around with the marinade. Set aside while you prep the other salad ingredients..
- Rinse and chop the lettuce..
- Combine the tomato, corn, onion, avocado, and cilantro..
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over med-high heat. Sear the chicken ~5 minutes. Remove from skillet and rest. Feel free to sprinkle a little extra salt on them. Slice..
- Assemble the salad with a bed of lettuce, the sliced chicken, and the mix. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve..
A Chipotle flavored Grilled Shrimp Salad served with a fresh Honey Lime Vinaigrette. So I ended up going with a Chipotle Lime Marinade, then turned it into a healthy shrimp salad and added some tex-mex veggies along with a Honey Lime Vinaigrette. It's the corn and the honey and the garlic and the herbs and the lime and all that. And once it sits, it's just phenomenal. Sometimes I can deal with it and sometimes I can't, and with this salad, I prefer not to.