Recipe: Tasty Coronation Chicken
Coronation Chicken. Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the shallot and chilli and cook. Coronation chicken is an all-time classic and family favourite. Invented for the Coronation banquet Put the chicken breasts into a large pan and cover with cold water.
Spruce up chicken with a hint of curry to make coronation chicken. It's perfect as a sandwich filling or served with a salad - or try one of our modern takes. The original recipe was credited to Rosemary Hume of Le Cordon Bleu. You can have Coronation Chicken using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coronation Chicken
- You need 2 of cooked chicken legs.
- It's 1-2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 teaspoon of curry powder.
- You need pinch of garam marsala.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of mango chutney.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sultanas.
- Prepare dash of lime juice.
Coronation Chicken, a dish with Indian flavors, has since "become a staple in the U. K.," said Nicky Perry, whose almost-a-quarter-century-old West Village shrine to British food, Tea & Sympathy. Coronation chicken salad with cashews and raisins. This coronation chicken recipe is a tasty way to spruce up chicken breasts using mayo, curry paste and apricot halves.
Coronation Chicken step by step
- Cut chicken into 1 cm dice.
- Mix mayonnaise, curry powder and garam marsala in a bowl, add lime juice..
- Stir in sultanas, mango chutney and diced chicken..
- Cover and place in fridge for at least 1 hour..
- Serve, makes good starter, filling for jacket potatoes or sandwiches or as a salad..
- For extra flavour, dry fry the spices, allow to cool before adding to mayonnaise..
- You can substitute dried apricots (diced), raisins or halved grapes in place of sultanas..
Delicious as a sandwich filling or served with a warm potato salad. Our coronation chicken recipe celebrates this retro classic, with tender chicken in a gorgeously creamy coronation sauce. Find more at Tesco Real Food. Serve the coronation chicken with a rice salad. This amalgamation of cultural influences pays homage to the British colonial past and it's then.