Recipe: Yummy Chicken pesto pasta salad
Chicken pesto pasta salad. Easy and delicious bowtie pasta with chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and pesto sauce. Using homemade pesto will taste even better, but it adds to prep time. Serve with crusty bread and salad for a quick dinner.
This basil pesto pasta salad was definitely a BIG hit at our house. This makes a large batch, and my husband ate ALL OF IT over a few days. Summer pesto pasta salad with fresh basil pesto, spiral pasta, pine nuts, olives, peas, and cherry tomatoes. You can cook Chicken pesto pasta salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken pesto pasta salad
- It's 3 cup of mixed salad leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 of a large cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of medium sliced onion.
- Prepare 2 large of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 250 grams of cooked pasta of your choice.
- Prepare 1 of salt, pepper, thyme, paprika/chilli powder, chicken spice or any spices of your choice to season the chicken.
- It's 1 of tsp lemon juice (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of crushed garlic.
- It's 1 of bit of oil to toss pasta, and a few tbsp of butter to cook chicken.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of pesto.
When it's the season for potluck barbecues, a quick and easy dish to prepare for a gathering is pesto pasta salad! Pesto chicken pasta salad is one of my summertime staples. This quick and easy salad recipe uses pasta, pesto, canned chicken, and vegetables. You can use your favorite vegetables in this simple salad.
Chicken pesto pasta salad instructions
- Mix salad ingredients together in a large serving bowl.
- Season chicken filets with spices, garlic and lemon juice. Grill in some butter until cooked..
- Toss cooked pasta with some oil, and then mix in about 6 tbsp of pesto..
- Slice cooked chicken in half lengthways, and then slice again into thin slices.
- Mix chicken and pasta together.
- Lastly, mix together chicken and pasta, together with salad. You can add extra seasonings, salad oil, dressings, feta, olives or any garnishing of your choice. Serve warm or cold..
Add some chopped yellow summer squash or add some grated carrots. This recipe for chicken & red pesto pasta salad is a wonderful, flavorful dish that's easily prepared ahead for picnics or backyard barbecues. As soon as the warm weather hits, I start creating new versions to make for picnics, days at the beach and backyard barbecues. This chicken pesto pasta salad is light, healthy and packed with the perfect pesto flavor! Great for BBQs, brunches, baby showers & more!