Recipe: Yummy Chicken Salad Melt
Chicken Salad Melt. In a bowl, combine the chicken, mayonnaise, cheese, green pepper, onion, olives and relish. Split rolls in half; place cut side up on a greased baking sheet. I absolutely love messing around with sandwiches trying to come up with something just a tad different to feed my husband for lunch.
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr. For a touch more sweetness, substitute halved grapes for the apple.. This recipe was a snap to make. You can cook Chicken Salad Melt using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Salad Melt
- It's 1 pound of cooked chicken 1/4 - 1/2 inch dice.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery -- washed and fine dice.
- You need 1/4 of of onion -- fine dice.
- It's 1/4 of of red bell pepper -- fine dice.
- It's 2 tablespoons of parsley -- no stems and finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1/2 cup of ranch salad dressing.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It's 2 slices of bread- per sandwich.
- You need 2 slices of Pepper Jack cheese- per sandwich.
I used tunafish in place of the chicken and my family loved it. This was very delicious, but I used tuna fish instead of chicken. It was good and I suggest everyone tries this yummy treat! This light chicken salad melt will fill you up with delicious and refreshing ingredients.
Chicken Salad Melt instructions
- Dice chicken ( I like to use the Rotisserie Chicken or left over baked..
- Mix all of the salad ingredients together and let sit..
- Place a slice of cheese on each side of the bread add chicken salad in between..
- Spray with pan spray or use 1 teaspoon of melted butter for each side of the sandwich on a griddle pan over a moderate heat and cook until GBD about 3-4 minutes each side..
- Cheese should be melty, melty.
Combine the flavors from Greek yogurt, freshly chopped dill, green onions, sliced apple and Sargento® Ultra Thin® Sharp Cheddar Cheese Slices for a nutrient-packed melt sandwich. Place on a whole wheat English muffin, and you'll feel re-energized in no time. Go to CookingLight.com for more recipes. Add diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro and shredded cheddar cheese. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, mayonnaise, sour cream, almonds, parsley, honey, and salt, tossing gently to combine.