Recipe: Yummy Salad Wednesday - Chinese Chicken Salad
Salad Wednesday - Chinese Chicken Salad.
You can cook Salad Wednesday - Chinese Chicken Salad using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salad Wednesday - Chinese Chicken Salad
- You need 4 of chicken breasts split (bone-in, skin-on).
- You need of olive oil Good.
- It's of Kosher salt.
- It's of black pepper Freshly ground.
- It's 1/2 pound of asparagus , ends removed, and cut in thirds diagonally.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper , cored and seeded.
- It's 2 of scallions (white and green parts), sliced diagonally.
- It's 1 tbsp of sesame seeds white , toasted (optional).
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It's 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar good.
- Prepare 3 tbsps of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsps of sesame oil dark.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 clove of garlic , minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ginger peeled, grated fresh.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of sesame seeds , toasted.
- It's 1/4 cup of peanut butter smooth.
- It's 2 tsps of kosher salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of black pepper freshly ground.
Salad Wednesday - Chinese Chicken Salad step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F..
- Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan and rub with the skin with olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and shred the chicken in large bite-sized pieces. **Save the bones in a large freezer-safe plastic bag in your freezer. Make your own chicken stock.**.
- Blanch the asparagus in a pot of boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes until crisp-tender. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking. Drain. Cut the peppers in strips about the size of the asparagus pieces. Combine the cut chicken, asparagus, and peppers in a large bowl..
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the chicken and vegetables. Add the scallions and sesame seeds and season to taste. Serve cold..