Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Waldorf-like Chicken Salad
Waldorf-like Chicken Salad. This chicken salad is perfect eaten on its own or scooped between a healthy, whole grain bread. Variations on this could be adding jalapeno for a spicy kick or adding more of an assortment of nuts, like almonds or pistachios. Give this Waldorf Chicken Salad a try and report back in the comments below!
Serve over watercress, with a chunk of whole-grain baguette. Chicken Waldorf Salad is a classic salad made with apples, grapes, pecans and celery in a light, creamy dressing. It's the perfect combination of What To Serve With Chicken Waldorf Salad. You can cook Waldorf-like Chicken Salad using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Waldorf-like Chicken Salad
- You need 3 of boneless chicken breast, cooked, cooled and shredded.
- You need 1 cup of mayo.
- You need 3 of scallions (green onions), chopped.
- You need 3 of celery stalks, chopped.
- You need 1 of green apple, peeled and chopped fine.
- You need 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- You need 2 tbsp of tarragon.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice (keeps apples from turning brown).
- You need 1 of salt and pepper, to taste.
I like to serve this over a bed of greens such as baby arugula and baby spinach, in a lettuce wrap, or with a. Chicken Waldorf Salad is tender chunks of chicken mixed with celery, grapes, apples, toasted walnuts and mayonnaise. This recipe calls for already cooked rotisserie chicken which can be purchased at almost any grocery store or club warehouse like Costco and Sams. A version of popular Waldorf salad made with chicken breasts, roasted walnuts, apple, dried cranberries, and grapes is served in a light mayonnaise and Lightly toss chicken with grape halves, cranberries, apple, walnuts, and onion in a salad bowl.
Waldorf-like Chicken Salad step by step
- Seperately chop apple and douse with lemon juice..
- Mix all ingredients together..
- Enjoy in sandwiches; or on crackers or fillo shells as an appetizer..
Whisk mayonnaise, vanilla yogurt, and lemon. In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the chicken, apples, grapes and celery. I first heard of Chicken Waldorf Salad as a teen. Tea parties were in vogue in our homeschool circle, so we were always on the lookout for new tea-ish recipes to try.