How to Make Delicious Healthy Breaded Chicken with Salad
Healthy Breaded Chicken with Salad. A delicious collection of healthy chicken salads that will make you want to eat salad for dinner everyday and NOT get bored! Find healthy, delicious chicken salad recipes including buffalo chicken, grilled chicken and pasta chicken salad. Healthier Recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell.
On top of the shredded chicken, here's what you need This Healthy Chicken Salad is the best! It's creamy and flavorful -- WITH NO MAYO. Creamy base made with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and Garlic Herb Chicken Salad - this healthy chicken salad is CREAMY and CLEAN with no mayo! like a cross between herby bruschetta and chicken salad. You can cook Healthy Breaded Chicken with Salad using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy Breaded Chicken with Salad
- Prepare of - Dressing --.
- You need 1 Tbs of Dijon Mustard.
- Prepare 4 tsp of honey.
- Prepare 3 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 4 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of - Chicken --.
- Prepare 3 of egg whites.
- It's 125-150 g of bread crumbs.
- It's pinch of rosemary.
- It's pinch of salt.
- It's 500-600 g of chicken breast (about 12-15 mini fillets!).
- Prepare of - Salad --.
- You need Bag of mixed greens (I use about 1.5 to make 3 servings).
- It's 2 of red bell peppers.
- You need 12 of cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1 of medium cucumber.
- You need 2 of carrots - shredded.
- It's 1 of avocado.
The easiest, healthy baked breaded chicken recipe, an all-around super tasty recipe, perfect for the whole family, kids love it! The chicken is baked, not deep-fried making it healthy; tasty; easy to make; stacked with fresh herbs, brown bread, and the coating keeps the chicken moist and tender. This healthy chicken and egg salad is one of my go-to lunch recipes. It tastes amazing, is super easy to put together, and is perfect for meal prepping!
Healthy Breaded Chicken with Salad instructions
- This recipe makes enough salad for 2 or 3 salads depending on how much you eat per sitting..
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C with fan.
- Crack three egg whites in a bowl and beat with a fork until soft and airy..
- Put the breadcrumbs, rosemary, and salt in a bowl together and mix until combined..
- If you bought Chicken Breasts, slice them into mini fillets (about 3 or 4 slices per breast).
- Take one chicken fillet and put it in the egg mixture making sure to cover the entire fillet. Transfer the fillet from the egg mixture to the breadcrumbs, and make sure the entire fillet is covered in breadcrumbs. Transfer to a plate. Repeat for all chicken..
- Spray a baking sheet with oil, or place a piece of parchment paper on the sheet to prevent sticking. Put the chicken on the baking tray and spray with an oil (I used a Tesco bough sunflower oil in a spray bottle!). Bake for 20-30minutes, turning the fillets over about halfway through..
- Meanwhile make the salad: put the mixed greens, 2 chopped peppers, 12 sliced cherry tomatoes, 1 sliced cucumber, 1 chopped avocado and 2 shredded carrots in a bowl and mix together..
- For the dressing, mix all of the ingredients together, altering the amounts to your own specific taste..
- When the chicken is ready (let it cool!), cut it into inch pieces and toss with the salad and the dressing. I recommend eating it when the chicken is warm! Enjoy!.
- PS - top tip! If you are making salad for a few servings, only put the dressing on the salad you want to eat right now (or else the salad you save might get a bit soggy!). Save some dressing for your future salads by putting saran wrap over the bowl it is mixed in and store it in the fridge. Mix it up again before using it..
You can eat the salad as-is if you really want to, but you'll probably want to put it on some kind of bread. Toast is the obvious choice, but I prefer. We took a look to determine the answer once and for all. Check out our most popular chicken salad recipes. And what you serve your chicken salad on will also make an impact, as white bread provides less nutrition than whole grain bread.