Recipe: Perfect Chicken Salad with Cashews
Chicken Salad with Cashews. Everyone loves this chicken pasta salad loaded with crunchy cashews, juicy seedless grapes, and crisp water chestnuts, celery, and green onions. You won't go wrong serving this recipe. The flavors and textures of sweet grapes, crunchy cashews, crispy apples and savory chicken make this a stand-out recipe for your next brunch or lunch.
This is a welcome change from ordinary chicken salad, which is all too often dry and bland. Serve it for a fall picnic while the weather's still warm or over greens for a light dinner. Chicken Salad with Cashews is an easy to prepare recipe with a hint of the exotic. You can have Chicken Salad with Cashews using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Salad with Cashews
- It's 4 cups of Cooked chicken breast.
- It's 1 can of (small) Mandarin oranges.
- It's 1 can of pineapple tidbits.
- Prepare 1 Cup of sliced red and green grapes.
- You need 3/4 Cup of celery.
- It's 1/8 cup of diced onion.
- You need 1 cup of salted cashews.
- It's of Dressing.
- You need 1/2 Cup of plain or peach yogurt.
- It's 1/2 Cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
For this recipe, I used unsalted cashews but salted nuts would be fine if you added less salt to the salad in the end. If you don't have a ring mold, you can use a cake pan with a hole in the middle (a Bundt pan works well). The Best Cashew Nut Salad Recipes on Yummly Creamy Pasta Salad, Lemongrass Bean Salad, Asian Peanut Broccoli Salad.
Chicken Salad with Cashews instructions
- Combine chicken, mandarin oranges, pineapple, grapes, and celery in a large bowl..
- In a separate small bowl combine yogurt and mayonnaise. To make the dressing..
- Fold dressing and with the Chicken mixture in the large bowl..
- Serve chilled, and top with cashews on a crescent Roll, Chibalta bread, or homemade sour dough bread..
Which kind of salad are you looking for? Delight your friends and family with this unique twist on the tradition chicken salad. Sweet grapes, crunchy cashews and savory chicken all combine to make an outstanding recipe for your next brunch, lunch or bridal shower snack idea. Extra special when served on a delicate croissant roll. Cashew Chicken Salad will transport you to the tropics!