Recipe: Perfect Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce
Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce. Pan-fried chicken simmers in a creamy Marsala sauce in this quick recipe. Reviews for: Photos of Chicken with a Creamy Marsala Sauce. I made a few changes based on what we had available in the house - Pino grigio rather than Marsala wine and crushed garlic in place of ground mustard.
Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. This easy chicken marsala recipe is a classic! You can cook Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce
- You need 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, each breast cut crosswise into 3 pieces.
- You need of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of butter, divided.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 pound of cremini mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- It's 1 cup of dry Marsala wine.
- Prepare 1 cup (8 ounces) of mascarpone cheese (I used quality cream cheese).
- You need 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves, plus whole sprigs, for garnish.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard (possibly more, but taste it when it's ready).
- It's 12 ounces of dried fettuccine (I used Egg Noodles).
Tender pan-fried chicken is smothered in a marsala Juicy pan-fried chicken is smothered in a marsala cream sauce. This chicken with creamy dijon mustard sauce is an easy and fast weeknight meal. The chicken cutlets and sauce are all cooked in the same skillet, making clean-up a breeze. On my first trip to France in my early twenties, I came back with a set of French.
Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce step by step
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook just until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cool slightly..
- Wile the chicken cools, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet over medium high heat then add the onion and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute until the mushrooms are tender about 12 minute..
- Add the wine and simmer until it is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the Mascarpone (or cream cheese) and mustard. Cut the chicken breasts crosswise into 1/3 inch thick slices..
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Simmer uncovered, over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chopped parsley. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain. Toss the fettuccine with 3 tablespoons of butter and season, to taste, with salt and pepper..
- Add the fettuccine onto serving plates. Spoon the chicken mixture over top. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.
You should now have a creamy pan sauce in your skillet, and you can add the chicken cutlets and bacon back to the pan My other go to recipes include picatta (lemon juice, white wine, capers), white wine tarragon sauce, Marsala sauce. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cream. Taste and season the sauce with salt and pepper as needed. Serve the sauce with the chicken (we recommend serving it underneath the chicken to keep the skin crisp), and garnish with. This quick and easy creamy mustard sauce is perfect for fish, pork, ham, poultry, or vegetables.