Recipe: Yummy Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken
Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken. Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs Place chicken drumsticks in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. This version of jollof rice adds chicken for a filling dinner that cooks all in one pan. Scatter the peppers over the top of the.
Full of interesting flavors yet mild enough to It's that comforting one-pot chicken and rice dish many of us know and love, the kind of dish that is cooked in kitchens across the globe, each slightly. Add the tomatoes, red bell pepper, quartered onion, and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth. Nigerian Jollof Rice - a spicy and vibrant one-pot tomato rice, which will become a family favorite, this is probably the best-known Nigerian food recipe. You can have Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken
- You need 1 kg of rice.
- It's 8 of medium size fresh tomatoes.
- It's 1/2 of quarter of dried pepper.
- Prepare 4 of fresh red pepper.
- It's 4 of fresh green pepper.
- Prepare 1 pack of green peas.
- It's 2 of large balls of onion.
- You need 2 of medium size spring onion.
- You need 4 cubes of Maggi seasoning.
- Prepare of All purpose seasoning.
- It's of Salt.
- It's of Thyme.
- Prepare of Curry powder.
- You need of I full chicken.
- You need of Kpomo(cow skin).
- Prepare of For salad.
- Prepare of Cabbage.
- Prepare 2 sticks of carrot.
- It's of Medium size cucumber (optional).
- It's of Salad cream.
Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan or non-stick pan. Serve with jollof rice and fried plantains. Chicken (whole chicken, drumsticks or chicken breast). When done, grill it in an oven.
Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken instructions
- First I cut or dice my red and green pepper my onion I also dice my kpomo then I blend my fresh tomatoes some of my fresh red pepper and onion.
- Then i cut and neatly wash my chicken and my diced kpomo then add my seasonings, onions and add some water then leave it on the burner until the chicken is well cooked and soft.
- I then pre boil my rice and wash, set aside and fry my chicken in sunflower oil(medium heat) so when everything is ready I fry my tomato purée then add my stock water and some more seasoning and salt when this is ready I add my pre boiled rice and allow to cook for maybe 20-30 mins depending on your cooker.
- When the water starts drying up I add my peas some of my green and red pepper and that's it so when the water is all dried up I stir with a wooden spoon and yes my jollof rice is ready.
- Over to kpomo I add a little bit of oil in a frying pan add some chopped onion and my roughly blended pepper and fry I then pour in my already cooked kpomo, curry,seasoning cube and salt then stir fry for about 2/3 mins and my pepper kpomo is ready.
- For my salad I wash my cabbage,carrot and cucumber then grate my cabbage and carrot put in a clean plate add my salad cream an that is it 😊.
This is to give it a golden look which is more presentable especially if you have guests Parboil the rice using the method detailed in parboiling rice for cooking jollof rice. The chef Tunde Wey is based in New Orleans, but he was born in Nigeria, where jollof rice is a well-loved dish The rice is cooked in a flavorful tomato and pepper purée; his version is vegan, and laced with chile heat. Jollof rice is a delicious West African dish composed of fluffy red orange rice that is often cooked with vegetables and meat. The Senegalese version of this traditional dish, thieboudienne, which features fried fish and that I cooked last year, seems to have originated much later during the nineteenth. This beef jollof is made using the jollof stew and succulent tender fried beef.