Recipe: Perfect Baby spinach & sesame chicken salad
Baby spinach & sesame chicken salad. If you have ever watched Popeye the sailor man, you must have seen the amazing effect of spinach on Popeye's muscle power and strength. With numerous vitamins and minerals, a high-fiber content and antioxidants, baby spinach's benefits your. Baby spinach refers to spinach that has been harvested while the leaves are still small, leaving them tender and sweet in flavor.
But washing, cooking, and squeezing out mature spinach is annoying. Baby spinach gets gross when you cook it. Here's what you should do instead. You can cook Baby spinach & sesame chicken salad using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baby spinach & sesame chicken salad
- You need 1 of Chicken breast, skinless and boneless, slightly flattened.
- Prepare 1 of red onion ,finely sliced.
- You need 150 gm of baby spinach.
- You need 2 handful of toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare as needed of white sesame for garnishing.
- Prepare of For the dressing.
- It's 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white sesame seeds,toasted.
- It's 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It's 2& 1/2 tbsp of tahini.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ginger, freshly grated.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It's 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 of lemon zest.
- You need 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder.
- It's to taste of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sesame oil.
- You need of For the chicken marinade.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- You need 1/4 tsp of white pepper powder.
- It's 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
Nutritional Target Map for Baby Spinach. This feature requires Flash player to be installed in your browser. Source: Nutrient data for this listing was provided by Custom. Tender baby spinach, Parmesan cheese, and a little nutmeg flavor this simple, delicious omelet.
Baby spinach & sesame chicken salad instructions
- Marinate the chicken in the above ingredients for 30 minutes..
- Grill the marinated chicken on a slightly oiled grilling pan or in a skillet. Remove and keep aside for 5 minutesbefore slicing into thin strips..
- For the dressing:.
- Whisk together on high speed all the ingredients for the dressing except vegetable oil and sesame oil.Whisk until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle both the oils whilst whiskingon high speed until both the oils are emulsified.Set aside..
- In a bowl combine the sliced onions and chicken strips. Drizzle a little dressing and mix gently.
- Place the baby spinach on a serving platter. Place chicken and onion on top..
- Drizzle some more dressing..
- Garnish with crushed walnuts and sesame seeds and serve with the remaining dressing on the side..
Got too much baby spinach and don't know what to do with all that green goodness? Baby spinach is prized for its convenience, nutritional value and sweet, mild taste. Baby is a variety of spinach with flat, spade-shaped leaves that are soft and tender in texture. Spinach (Spinacia oleracea) is a leafy green flowering plant native to central and western Asia. It is of the order Caryophyllales, family Amaranthaceae, subfamily Chenopodioideae.