Recipe: Perfect Cranberry walnut chicken salad sandwich
Cranberry walnut chicken salad sandwich. And this Cranberry Walnut Vegan 'Chicken' Salad is another terrific use of this versatile bean! This salad is full of fiber, protein I assure you this chickpea vegan 'chicken' salad with cranberries and walnuts will hit the spot and satisfy your craving for a chunky, sweet, peppery, crunchy style sandwich. Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad is a healthier version of chicken salad without sacrificing an iotta of flavor.
Serve on your favorite bread as a closed or open faced sandwich, or on a bed of leafy greens. You may even opt to simply enjoy the salad as is. Change up the walnuts, using pecans, almonds, sunflower seeds, etc. You can cook Cranberry walnut chicken salad sandwich using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cranberry walnut chicken salad sandwich
- You need 1 tsp of grill mate chicken seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dales marinade.
- You need 2 cup of diced chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dried cranberry.
- It's 1/2 cup of walnuts (crushed into small pieces).
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It's 2/3 cup of miracle whip (or your choice).
- Prepare 3 tsp of white cooking wine.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper.
If using sunflower seeds, use half the amount called for. Cranberry-Walnut Chicken Salad Adapted quite loosely from Gourmet. Keyword Cranberry Walnut Chickpea Salad Sandwich. If you get a chance to whip up your own cranberry walnut chickpea salad sandwich, let me know!
Cranberry walnut chicken salad sandwich step by step
- Bring chicken and whatever seasonings you like to boil then immediately put on low, cover and simmer for 20min. I used grill mate, dales and 1 tsp salt for mine..
- Mix in a medium sized bowl the cranberry, walnuts, garlic powder, wine, salt and pepper and lastly miracle whip..
- Add chicken and stir thoroughly, put in fridge and let sit over night. Always better on the second day, lol!.
- I use it for sandwiches at lunch instead of going out to eat. I put it on whole wheat bread with lettuce and a piece of tomato... yum!.
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram. I had some leftover chicken and combined that with other ingredients I had at home to create an easy and tasty recipe to share. Add in celery, cranberries, nuts, scallions, salt, pepper and dressing, mix well. Serve at room temp or let chill in the refrigerator for an hour before serving. Serve on your favorite bread as a closed or open faced sandwich, or on a bed of leafy greens.