Recipe: Tasty High-Protein Chicken Salad
High-Protein Chicken Salad. If you have leftover rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken breast, make this high-protein chicken salad as an easy lunch option. Lean shredded chicken is combined with creamy yogurt, crispy apples and sweet grapes for a tasty, tangy combo. Ever eat a salad only to be starving again an hour later?
High protein, low carb and low fat Greek chicken salad recipe! I'm currently on a high protein muscle building diet and this is perfect to get my Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Give classic chicken salad a protein push with Greek yogurt. You can cook High-Protein Chicken Salad using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of High-Protein Chicken Salad
- Prepare 1 lb of cooked chicken breast or rotisserie chicken, shredded.
- You need 1/2 cup of red onion, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of sweet apple, diced (red or green).
- You need 2/3 cup of grapes, quartered or halved (red or white).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of dried cranberries (or craisins).
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (or nut of choice).
- You need 2/3 cup of plain 2% Greek yogurt.
- It's 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice (or more to taste).
- It's 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need of salt & pepper.
- It's 6 medium of lettuce leaves.
You don't have to travel to Hawaii to get a taste of the islands. Linda, a DaVita dietitian from Michigan, created Hawaiian Chicken Salad Sandwich, a kidney-friendly, high-protein sandwich that can bring you to a tropical state of mind wherever you are. How to Make High-Protein Chicken Salad. Featuring chicken, quinoa and kale, this salad in a jar is packed with protein and flavor.
High-Protein Chicken Salad instructions
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix until well combined..
- Using a 3/4 cup measuring scoop, portion out the chicken salad onto lettuce leaves..
An easy do-ahead lunch that will stay crisp until you're ready. High protein count and great energy source. However, chicken comes in a variety of cuts, including breasts, thighs, wings and drumsticks. Each cut contains a different amount of protein, fat and. Half of these recipes are chicken and seafood numbers, and the other half are completely vegetarian—so you're sure to find a filling salad you love.