Recipe: Delicious Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad. Pasta, bell peppers, onion, and grilled chicken are tossed in a spicy mayo, blue cheese and wing sauce dressing. This is a pasta salad for Buffalo wing lovers. And pasta salad may just be the glue that holds these cookouts together — I don't think I've ever been to any summertime celebration where there wasn't Your pasta salad and your cookout deserve to be amped up a notch or two, and that's why I've finally perfected this recipe for buffalo chicken pasta.
An easy buffalo chicken flavored pasta salad that can be prepared in just fifteen minutes. The perfect side dish for any party! I recently shared the recipe for this buffalo I made this buffalo chicken pasta salad a little while ago for a cookout at my parents' house. You can cook Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- Prepare 8 Oz. of boneless chicken meat, 1/2" dice (up to 8 ounces extra would work without changing the marinade and cornstarch mixture.
- It's of Marinade.
- It's 3 ounces of buttermilk.
- Prepare 3 ounces of crystal hot sauce.
- It's 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 ounce of lemon juice.
- It's of Corn starch mixture.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn starch.
- You need 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It's 1 tablespoon of white pepper or black is fine.
- It's 1 teaspoon of cayenne.
- Prepare 2 cups of oil- vegetable oil is fine.
- Prepare 3 ounces of crystal hot sauce (See note below.. Hot Sauce Matters).
- You need 3 ounces of mayonnaise.
- You need 3 ounces of blue cheese, crumbled.
- Prepare 8 of ounces- dry bow tie pasta- cooked per the box instructions.
- You need 1/2 of small red bell pepper or red onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of green onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery 1 inch julienne cut.
- You need 2 tablespoon of parsley,finely chopped.
It was nothing fancy, just the family and. This pasta is perfect for a summer potluck! Add chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch, celery, and chives to bowl and toss until combined. Be the first to review this recipe.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad instructions
- Mix the buttermilk, hot sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice together until the brown sugar is dissolve then add the diced chicken with the mixture in a zip-lock bag. Marinate chicken for several hours or overnight..
- (In class we marinate for 45 minutes the longer the better).
- Remove chicken from marinade - drain well.
- Mix the cornstarch,salt,white pepper and cayenne. Dredge chicken with seasoned cornstarch mixture and shake off the excess coating..
- In a deep skillet, heat about two cups of oil(depending on the pan size) over medium-high heat until hot. Test the temperature by dropping a pinch of flour into the hot oil. If it bubbles right away without smoking, it's ready..
- Fry at 350 F. until golden brown and cooked through. (I check the biggest piece) let cool before adding to the salad..
- Mix all pasta with the chicken, blue cheese, mayonnaise, hot sauce, red bell pepper or red onion, celery,green onion and parsley..
- You can garnish with extra blue cheese crumbles, and chopped parsley..
- Note #1.. Hot sauces very greatly Crystal Hot Sauce and Franks Hot Sauce work well... they are a sweet heat. Tabasco will ruin this recipe. It is just to hot...Great on Oysters not on this Recipe:).
- Note #2 If you do not want to fry, you can buy popcorn chicken at a grocery store or, KFC, or Popeyes and skip steps 1,2,3,4,5 :p.
This creamy crowd-pleasing pasta salad features the tantalizing flavors of Buffalo chicken with a healthy dose of vegetables. Bring it to your next potluck or picnic, or whip it up for game day. Pasta Salad Chicken Recipes Poultry Side Dish. Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad is a quick and easy recipe perfect for a game day party or a summer picnic. Tender pasta is tossed with a creamy buffalo sauce and fresh vegetables all topped off with crumbled bleu cheese for a side dish bursting with flavor and crunch!