Recipe: Perfect Chicken and Apple Salad
Chicken and Apple Salad. This Crunchy Chicken Salad with Apples is a sweet tart take on classic chicken salad with sweet apples and tart dried cranberries. I made this Chicken and Apple Salad on a total whim today and I'm SO glad I did. It is so delicious that I want to eat it every day for the rest of my life.
Just before serving, place greens on a large serving plate. Leftover grilled chicken breasts are ideal for making this chicken salad in a yogurt based dressing with apples, celery, red onion, and grapes. Whisk vanilla yogurt, salad dressing, and mayonnaise together in a separate bowl; pour over the chicken mixture and stir to coat. You can cook Chicken and Apple Salad using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Apple Salad
- It's 2 lbs of skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts.
- It's of salt and pepper.
- It's 1/3 c of and 1 T vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 T of sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 T of and 1 tsp Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey.
- Prepare 2 of Gala apples, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 c of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 1 of small head escarole, torn in pieces.
- You need 2 heads of Belgian endive, trimmed and sliced.
- Prepare 1 c of shredded cheddar cheese.
This low-calorie Chicken and Apple Salad puts a zesty spin on an old childhood favorite. Instead of serving this main-dish salad over greens, fold it into whole-wheat wraps with a few spinach leaves. Serve the wrap with baked potato chips or tortilla chips on the side. Chicken salad with arugula, goat cheese, and apple slices.
Chicken and Apple Salad instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Season chicken with 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste..
- In large oven-proof skillet, heat 1 T oil. Add chicken skin-side down and cook until golden. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until thickest part of meat thermometer reads 165°, about 25 min. Transfer to cutting board and let rest 5 min..
- In large bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard and honey. Gradually add oil..
- Remove chicken from bone and slice. In large bowl, toss lettuce, apples, walnuts and dressing. Top with chicken and cheese..
Once, many years ago, my mother decided to plant some arugula The apples are ripening and the walnuts falling from the trees around the same time, so it just makes sense to pull them all together in a salad! This chicken salad with apples and cranberries would be yummy on whole wheat crackers or a toasted english muffin or stuffed into a pita too. Mix your fruits and veggies with our tangy Chicken Salad with Apples! Apple pecan chicken salad is a fan-favorite main dish salad recipe. The combination of tender chicken, crisp pecans, tart apples, and a When hot summer weather is at hand, there's nothing nicer than having a huge batch of fabulous apple pecan chicken salad in the fridge, ready and waiting for.