Recipe: Appetizing Salad Wednesday - Chinese Chicken Salad
Salad Wednesday - Chinese Chicken Salad. Chinese Chicken Salad - Restaurant quality that you can easily make right at home, except it's healthier and a million times tastier! No, but really, I've been dying to share this Chinese chicken salad recipe. It's one of my absolute favorite salads, and every time I feel the need to eat a little.
Made with cabbage, carrots, green onions and chicken, finished with sesame seeds, this is terrific for packed lunches as it keeps well for days! Chinese chicken salad is a salad including chopped chicken and Chinese culinary ingredients that are common in parts of the United States. Though many variations exist, common features of Chinese chicken salads include lettuce, cabbage, chicken (typically breast meat). You can cook Salad Wednesday - Chinese Chicken Salad using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salad Wednesday - Chinese Chicken Salad
- It's 4 of chicken breasts split (bone-in, skin-on).
- It's of olive oil Good.
- Prepare of Kosher salt.
- You need of black pepper Freshly ground.
- You need 1/2 pound of asparagus , ends removed, and cut in thirds diagonally.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper , cored and seeded.
- Prepare 2 of scallions (white and green parts), sliced diagonally.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sesame seeds white , toasted (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar good.
- It's 3 tbsps of soy sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsps of sesame oil dark.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 clove of garlic , minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ginger peeled, grated fresh.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of sesame seeds , toasted.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of peanut butter smooth.
- You need 2 tsps of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper freshly ground.
Healthy Chinese Chicken Salad makes a deliciously filling, guilt-free meal. This homemade Chinese chicken salad from Delish.com is even better than the restaurants. This Chinese chicken salad is fresh and full of crunchy ramen, sweet mandarins, and crisp cabbage. It's our favorite salad to bring along to any potluck, and what we make when we need an easy lunch.
Salad Wednesday - Chinese Chicken Salad step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F..
- Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan and rub with the skin with olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and shred the chicken in large bite-sized pieces. **Save the bones in a large freezer-safe plastic bag in your freezer. Make your own chicken stock.**.
- Blanch the asparagus in a pot of boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes until crisp-tender. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking. Drain. Cut the peppers in strips about the size of the asparagus pieces. Combine the cut chicken, asparagus, and peppers in a large bowl..
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the chicken and vegetables. Add the scallions and sesame seeds and season to taste. Serve cold..
This Chinese Chicken Salad is ideal for meal prep and lunches on-the-go. Simply layer the ingredients into mason jars and stash the dressing in a plastic bag. When you're ready to dig in, pour the dressing into the jar, seal it, shake it and get your salad on! If you're looking for more ways to ditch the delivery. This Chinese Chicken Salad is fresh, crisp, crunchy, and a million times healthier and more delicious than your favorite restaurant.