Recipe: Tasty Hot Orzo Casserole
Hot Orzo Casserole. This Greek-inspired dish, featuring chicken, spinach, oregano, feta cheese crumbles and fresh lemon, proves that casseroles can be lighter and. Cook orzo according to package directions. Wine Suggestions Except for the sauce and tomato, all of the ingredients in this casserole add weight and richness to the overall texture of the dish.
Very Cheesy Orzo Casserole: A small-pasta take on macaroni and cheese, with some vegetables It an updated version of a casserole I made a while back, certainly at the time with different cheeses. Meanwhile, scoop half orzo into baking dish. Except for the sauce and tomato, all of the ingredients in this casserole add weight and richness to. You can cook Hot Orzo Casserole using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hot Orzo Casserole
- Prepare 1 can of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic.
- You need 2 cup of Alfredo sauce jarred.
- You need 1 lb of Orzo.
- You need 1 of 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed.
- You need 1 can of Artichoke hearts, quartered.
- It's 2 cup of Mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- You need 1 of Garlic salt, pepper, onion powder, crushed red pepper, parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1 lb of Chicken, cooked.
And I'll be the first to admit that this dish isn't going to win any beauty contests.. The ingredients that make this casserole for me, or any casserole for that matter, is the cheese. My first encounters with casseroles were from a box, where you added hamburger meat or canned tuna to a mix of dried noodles, cooking liquid, and some mysterious seasoning packet. Greek seafood orzo casserole by the Greek chef Akis Petretzikis.
Hot Orzo Casserole instructions
- Cook orzo according to package..
- Defrost spinach in microwave for 3-5 minutes..
- Drain artichoke hearts. Mix with spinach in bottom of 13x9 baking pan. Season to taste..
- Drain orzo. Add to spinach mixture..
- Add in sauce and chicken. Mix well. Top with cheese..
- Wrap baking dish with foil. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Unwrap and broil until cheese is brown. Serve immediately..
The Orzo-vegetable Casserole recipe out of our category Vegetable! For the orzo: Whisk together the stock, butter, salt, cornstarch, dill, lemon zest and juice and garlic in a bowl. Gently mix the salmon and asparagus pieces into the orzo mixture. Put into a small casserole dish and top with a little freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional). Add some ground beef and orzo pasta and you have yourself a delicious casserole!