Recipe: Yummy Chicken Alfredo
Chicken Alfredo. Oh, chicken alfredo: It's the classic pasta we just can't seem to get enough of. Of course there are tons of jarred pasta sauces you can buy, but making alfredo from-scratch is actually so easy. Chicken alfredo combines a creamy pasta sauce with tender slices of lean protein.
A quick and easy chicken alfredo dinner with broccoli, zucchini, and red bell pepper. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. This is probably one of the easiest pasta dishes with meat sauce that you can make. You can have Chicken Alfredo using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Alfredo
- Prepare of Bechamel.
- You need 1 1/2 quart of Milk.
- It's 1 of onion (quartered with root attached).
- It's 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of whole clove.
- Prepare 1 of white roux (as needed).
- You need of pasta.
- Prepare 1 box of Pasta of your choice ( I use Penne or fettuccine).
- You need of Chicken Breasts.
- You need 1 lb of Chicken Breasts.
- Prepare 1 of Kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 of Ground black pepper.
- You need of White roux (See hint).
- Prepare 1 lb of Butter.
- It's 1 lb of Flour.
- It's of Alfredo sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of parmesean cheese (Grated) May need more or less to taste.
- You need 1 of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 of White pepper.
- You need of Garnish.
- Prepare 1 of Fresh Parsley for garnish (minced, optional).
- You need 1 of Parmesean cheese (grated, optional).
The second is cooking the chicken breast. The last is completing the Alfredo sauce. One Pot Chicken Alfredo recipe video! One Pot Chicken Alfredo nutrition per serving.
Chicken Alfredo instructions
- In a large sauce pan add your milk. Make an onion pique by taking 1 quarter of the onion and attaching a bay leaf and placing clove in the middle of it to hold in place. If it falls apart it's ok because we're going to strain anyway..
- Once your onion is added to the milk simmer until you start to see bubbles and whisk in your roux. Only whisk in a little at a time. Bring to a boil and add more if necessary until it reduces down and becomes a light nape. When it coats the back of the spoon and you wipe it across and it still runs down the spoon very lightly then simmer for 30 mins or until the flour taste is cooked out.
- While your sauce is simmering season your chicken breasts with kosher salt and pepper and saute in a little bit of clarified butter or olive oil. You can also bake chicken. Sear chicken breasts in pan until you get a nice color on both sides. Finish in oven for 10-12 mins or until chicken breasts read 165°F..
- Put one chicken breast aside and cut the other two in pieces. Take the reserved chicken breast and cut on a bias..
- Boil pasta until al dente. Drain.
- When bechamel is done strain. Use half of the bechamel for a half box pasta and all the sauce for a whole box. You can also store the rest and use it for something else. Pour into another pot on low heat and whisk in parmesean cheese. A little at a time to your desired thickness. Season to taste..
- In a skillet add your sauce, pasta and chicken. Toss together, plate, add your reserved chicken breast on top, mince parsley and sprinkle. Top with parmesean. Serve. Enjoy..
- For the roux: melt butter and whisk in your flour. Whisk until it has a nice white almond color. When mixture thins and starts to bubble, reduce heat to low and cut back on the whisking. Cook until you smell a toasty aroma. That's when it's done..
- HINT: Spread roux mixture into a metal half pan or a metal baking pan will work to. Let it cool in the fridge until hardened. Break off pieces when needed and mince and whisk into roux. This will last until you use it up. So you don't have to make any for awhile..
A simple and quick Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe - Fettuccine pasta loaded with chicken and mushrooms in a creamy and irresistibly delicious homemade Alfredo sauce. If Olive Garden's™ chicken alfredo is the kind of dish you crave on days when you don't want to leave your house, then this copycat recipe is the solution to your dinner daydreams. How To Make Chicken Alfredo Healthy (from Scratch!) Making a healthier fettuccine Alfredo is If you ask me, the best chicken Alfredo is one that leaves you satisfied without the carbs and heavy. Chicken Alfredo might seem like an indulgence that you can only order in a restaurant, but it's easy Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve the chicken strips on top. Fettuccine Alfredo is one of my favorite dishes.